Saturday, December 18, 2010

Alao-Akala says "I’m not moved by developments in Osun, Ekiti"


Oyo State Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala, has said that he is not bothered by the recent court verdicts that sacked Peoples Democratic Party governments in neighbouring South-West states.

He said that rather than express any doubt on the development, the party in the state remained unshaken.

Alao-Akala spoke on Wednesday at a well-attended rally tagged “Ibadan tile toko” organised by the PDP in Ibadanland.

He described as an empty threat, the move by some members of a faction of the ruling PDP and Action Congress of Nigeria to dislodge him from the Agodi Government House, saying that he would win the coming elections.

The governor said that he was overwhelmed by the massive presence of people from across the 11 local government areas of Ibadan, saying that was the tonic needed for him to continue to strive to make live more meaningful for the people.

Alao-Akala promised to continue to accord Ibadanland and her people the pride of place in his administration.

He said, “I won the 2007 election in my father’s name. Today, I have been able to tar more roads than any of my predecessors. There are street lights all over major areas in Ibadan.

“Mapo Hall here witnessed an unprecedented rehabilitation during my tenure, which is today a pride to us all. None of the past governors from Ibadan here did what I was able to do to this hall.

“And yet, they will say what has he done? Are they blind? If they are blind, are they impaired both in their ears and nose? This crowd has confirmed Ibadan’s support for me or is this crowd from Ogbomoso? After my re-election, you will see wonders.

“I say no way for them here in Oyo State. Ibadan was never conquered. They want to take our money to Lagos; Oyo State is a no go area. My elevation to the position of the state governor today is destiny at work.

“Tell their leaders to forget here as potential territorial expansion agenda. We shall remain focused and not allow them to distract us in our avowed commitment to continue to give good and purposeful leadership to our people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment