Sunday, December 26, 2010

Onuoha Not Interested In National term.


MANCHESTER City defender, Nedum Onuoha, insists he is yet to sort his international plans and will only be glad to discuss with Nigeria's coach, Samson Siasia.

But for poor weather and subsequent cancellation of English Premiership fixtures last weekend, Siasia would have met Onuoha with a bid to convince the defender to play for Nigeria.
''I will be glad to meet Siasia,'' Onuoha told Manchester City website. ''But it will be dishonest if I say I will give him the nod. I maintain the same position, this is not the first time I've been approached by Nigeria. I feel wanted but I think I have to know where I'm going with club duties, secure my future before talking about international, it is like I' m still finding my bearing,'' Onuoha added.
On loan at Sunderland, Onuoha has captained England's U-20 team under Stuart Pearce.
Saturday Tribunesports recalls that during the Lars Lagerback coaching era, a former Nigerian youth international attempted to convince Onuoha to join Eagles' pre-World Cup camp but the player asked for time to consider the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment